• Developing desalination and water treatment technologies integrating different techniques
• Developing non-traditional desalination technologies such solar energy based desalination
• Finding and developing new material in desalinated water production such anti-sedimentation material and chemical products
• Improving the specifications of material currently used in the stations
• Technological knowledge transfer to the employees of SWCC
Main International Cooperation Research Agreements :
Research Cooperation Agreement with Singapore Facilities Commission (PUB) Singapore Facilities International (SUI)
Objectives of Cooperation
• Contributing to the development of reverse osmosis technology
• Development of pre-treatment operations for reverse osmosis systems
• development of new and innovated membranes for pre-treatment
Research Cooperative Agreement entered with Water Reuse Center: WRPC (Japan) and SASAKURA Co. (Japan)
• Determining the optimal operating and design conditions for the multi-effect distillation technology experimental units, accompanied by steam pressure, and making them function at maximum temperatures reaching 125 instead of 65
• Drawing the planned final design of commercial stations using the same technology
• Commercial utilization of the outcomes of the planned project and its design for an MED station.
Research Cooperation ARAMCO
• Conducting mutual interest research projects in the field of water treatment and others
• Initiating symposia to exchange ideas and discuss issues.
• Examining the latest technologies in the field of desalination and the related water treatment technologies
• Acquiring developing and applying the latest knowledge on the economics of water treatment technologies
• Continuous building of competencies in the area of water treatment
Research Cooperation with King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology (KACST)
Further technical and technological cooperation, taking advantage of each party’s capabilities, in order to conduct joint applied research to improve the effectiveness of traditional methods of desalination, and inventing new methods, in addition to improving economic and technical viability, and reducing production cost.